Monday, July 28, 2008

Fantastic Fall Florals!

CC is thrilled that flowered prints are staying put for the autumn/winter season! In several cases, the patterns have taken a darker, more subdued turn, but there are also numerous brights... Something for every taste! The following runway photos are from nymag.com unless otherwise noted.
Enjoy!

At left:
Roberto Cavalli coat detail;

this photo via style.com
Thakoon gown, courtesy style.com
* The shorter dress in this very print is available at shopbop.com!
Behnaz Sarafpour dress, via style.com
*Note that this fabulous floral frock is available for pre-order at Saks Fifth Avenue right now!
Bendelisi
Betty Jackson
Carolina Herrera ruffled floral gown
Pringle of Scotland
Sportmax - how sumptuous!
Dennis Basso -- florals with fur? Aces!!
Erdem (see below for "where to buy" . . . )
Karen Walker
Kenzo
Cynthia Steffe
Oscar de la Renta
*This gorgeous chocolate and pink Mandarin collar dress is available at saksfifthavenue.com
Giambattista Valli
John Galliano
Gucci Resort 2009, via style.com
Jaeger London
Jean-Paul Gaultier
Leonard
Michael Kors
Missoni


Badgley Mischka

What to buy? A lovely floral frock! Picture these with opaque leggings and a fitted jacket or slim cardi!
At right:
Nanette Lepore Gin Sling sheath, at Neiman Marcus

Below:
Rebecca Taylor Les Fleurs shirtdress. Visit shopbop.com to buy.

D&G silk organza full-skirted dress, at Bergdorf Goodman
Escada cap sleeve Zanzibar print dress, at Saks Fifth Avenue
Mint yellow floral halter dress. Go to tulaboutique.com.
Peter Som dress, at bergdorfgoodman.com- such understated chic - CC loves!!

Ralph Lauren Black Label Marion bateau neck sleeveless shift saks
Versace Floral Prism silk dress, at Saks
Jonathan Saunders Bronwyn silk dress. This and next five dresses at net-a-porter.com.
Chloe watercolor floral print dress
Roberto Cavalli halter neck dress
Mulberry floral print frock
At left: Erdem Fides sleeveless silk gown

Below: Theory Clary minidress, at shopbop.com
MaxMara sheath, at Saks
Sea warped taffeta shift. Visit gargyle.com

Above:
Simply Vera Vera Wang Gardenia dress, at kohls.com

Right: Adam Spruce dress.
Visit chickdowntowncom.com
Anna Sui short sleeve shift, also at chickdowntown.com
Stella McCartney Ivy silk empire dress, at intermixonline.com

SKIRTS
At left:
Robert Rodriguez Folklore Flower skirt, at Saks Fifth Avenue
Below:
Cesare Fabbri silk skirt, also at Saks

Forever 21 watercolor floral skirt - picture it with dark opaque tights and booties!
STRAPLESS
Dior English Rose strapless dress in duchesse satin, at Saks Fifth Avenue
Forever 21 strapless dress (this print totally reminds me of the Giambattista Valli runway gown above!)
Ports 1961 draped bodice dress in wool-silk twill. Visit Shopbop’s Designer Boutique!
BCBG Max Azria floral jacquard dress, at saksfifthavenue.com

BLOUSES
Forever 21 Carmine muted floral top - such a unique and lovely print!











At left:
Sutton Studio tie-neck long-sleeve top, at Bloomingdales.com
Below:
Rebecca Taylor vintage floral top, at shopbop.com


ACCESSORIES
Floral handbag, at forever21.com
Miss Sixty printed floral holdall bag.
Visit asos.com.
.
.
.
.
.
Happy shopping, darlings!






51 comments:

Tricia said...

I prefer the palette shown w/florals for fall, but I'm a sucker for fall coloring.

Wendy said...

Its good to know that with a pair of tights added to a floral dress, we can wear it all over again.

Annie Spandex said...

I'm loving the fourth dress down!

MakeupByRenRen said...

nothing beats a beautiful floral sundress....love it!

Kate said...

So I'm doing a fall fashion tutorial on my blog. I found myself a list of the top trends and am working my way through. You'll notice yourself linked on my post today. And from the looks of it, I'm going to need to do that for all of them because you're hitting all the important points! Loving these florals, which I have to admit, stump me a little. So thanks for the lesson.

Anonymous said...

great post of florals! my favorites were Gucci Resort 2009,
Oscar de la Renta, Karen Walker, and Badgley Mischka. trade links?

Christina said...

Florals are so fun to wear brings out the little girl in me....I love the ones with pink, purple and yellow.

Seeker said...

Loving the florals prints with fall colours.

(Not so good because I feel the need to buy new florals, whitch hurts the purse)

xoxo

Syed said...

Wonderful transitions to autumn, they look wonderful! I've always loved floral prints :)

Sophista-Funk said...

I need to invest in some subdued florals for fall. You found some really great pieces!

-j

Sharon S said...

Oh I adore this post-right up my street, Couture Carrie!! Of course I love them all, but my real favourite is the Leonard!!

STYLE DU MONDE said...

I am absolutely obsessed with florals this summer and think for autumn as well.

xx

Penny said...

I love the floral dress teamed with grey ribbed tights on Karen Walker's runway, what a great way to wear your summer dresses in winter!

Angela said...

happy fall is coming soon, maybe not in california. : ( adore all the floral for fall. I think I will try to find something floral for fall, just want to avoid little house on the prairie look. yikes!

Mimi said...

Florals are great.Sometimes they look cute,sometimes pure or like art.
Simply nice!
My favorite is this bad (2nd pic from down)

cheers

xx

shopinchic said...

Its so refreshing that a feminine
print will remain a fashion staple
throughout the fall.

Mary said...

EEP.
NEED THE FLORAL DRESS WITH THE PETERPAN COLLAR
it completes my life.

Oh, and I made them all!

Amy C said...

yummy and delicious florals.
Kenzo does it for me everytime - love the forever 21 picks too.

TINA said...

I am thrilled as well! I absolutely love florals. It's great to know that I can still wear fun prints during the colder weather - I'll just swap my sandals for a pair of tights and boots.

Always In Style said...

You showed some really gorgeous picks here...it's all so wonderful I don't know where to start!

The one towards the end with the suzani style floral is really nice but again, I'd wear just about everything there!

Hanne said...

I love the floral trend, it's so fresh!

Missa said...

So glad the florals aren't going anywhere, I love 'em!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

some of floral dresses are just stunning *_*

Mafalda said...

i love Cynthia Steffe. Beautiful Gucci and Oscar de la renta's dresses!!

Aliena said...

I love bright flowers in autumm. And that Gucci dress, wow!

Doriz Jeltzin said...

Brilliant! Floral is so pretty!

esme and the laneway said...

I love the florals, especially paired with grey tights and brown heels. Being a couple of months into winter down here, it's something I've been enjoying for a while.

Anonymous said...

I love all the floral pieces, especially the Karen Walker dress. I like how the emphasis is now on bigger floral patterns rather then little libery prints, it makes the pieces less childish and more feminine.

Meg said...

I loved the Pringle of Scotland and the Sportmax dresses. Florals can be so much fun to play with.

Puebla Chic said...

Im glad florals will be also in autum and winter season, right no Im in love whit the Gucci resort colection

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

I'm loving these prints!!

Hannah Bee said...

Wow, I just love dresses and florals. This is my shrine!!

Nancy said...

Yay, florals! I'm glad the print is still in for fall. I need to invest in more prints...!

Fifi Flowers said...

Some nice frocks! Love the Sportmax and Michael Kor! Love a nice floral dress!

we wear things said...

i'm so glad florals are still an 'it' item for the fall...

the oscar de la renta chinese inspired dress.. is perfection.

-issa

Songy said...

hi CC.. you're really challenging my 'lazy' style here. I don't believe I have any printed pieces in my wardrobe come to think of it. I do love new hermes and gucci prints in the fall collection.
now you gave me the idea so here I go and look out for some prints.. ^___^

Danz said...

My dear Carrie, how are you?

You've once again treated us to an extensive and diverse array of gorgeous styles! These florals are all very beautiful! My favourite runway looks are Behnaz Sarafpour, Cynthia Steffe, Giambattista Valli, Gucci and Missoni and I think I might love most, if not all, of the floral items mentioned after those!

Thanks so much for your lovely comment darling! McQueen definitely did an exceptional job with his Spring collection - I totally loved it!

Take care and enjoy your day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Flowers are a very ladylike look! Very nice.

Dana (MODAna) said...

kinda disappointed in missoni. hm.

Anonymous said...

ahhhh. the behnaz dress is ! =)

ROSA E OLIVIER said...

"Desde mi ventana,
campo de Baeza,
a la luna clarta!"

António Machado, nasc. 26/7/1875, Sevilla...for you aND ALL WOMAN IN YOUR BLOG...

thesil said...

Your blog is very informative!
The Sarafpour´s dress reminds me a bit of Balenciaga. It is fabulous!

Madame Dior said...

fantastic read, i love all of your pics, florals are definitely a must in my wardrobe right now =]

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
erin de la cruz said...

Yahoooo! Florals are in! Thank god, I wore my floral Eddie Bauer pants a while ago. =) Loved this post, CC!

LuLu124 said...

thanks so much for your comment dear!!! :))) and woow what fabulous finds!!!! i loove that flowing gucci runway dress :D yaaay for flower prints!!! ;) xoxo, lulu

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

This is inspiring me for fall so much. I adore fur and florals together.

Anthea said...

You must take a great deal of time collecting these beautiful spreads. They are great! Prints are awesome:)

TIG said...

So happy that florals are going into fall, and even in muted tones, still so pretty. Another great round-up.

Da Fashionista said...

am finally getting in flowers. the first few pics in this post are why ;)

Pamcasso said...

I wish I could afford that Theory Erdem knockoff:(