Friday, August 8, 2008

CC’s CCs!

Today’s ABC post is double . . . Couture Carrie thinks that Coco Chanel would approve!
Part I.

C is for Corduroy

[C is also for Crest – see Part II below!]
Each fall, it seems, Dolce & Gabbana come up with the most fetching corduroy looks, and this autumn is no exception!

Photo at top left via French Vogue.

This photo - dig that wide wale blouse! - courtesy nymag.com.




Carolina Herrera also presented a variety of corded confections, in yellow ochre, burnt orange and chocolate brown - the perfect palette for hunting chic!

Fine wale short mustard peacoat at left via nymag.com.
In the stores:

Akris Punto ebony corduroy coat, at Neiman Marcus
At right:
Balmain fitted corduroy jacket, at net-a-porter.com

Below:
Juicy Couture cropped corduroy trench, at Bergdorf Goodman

Amber Sun uncut cord jacket Nordstrom
Ralph Lauren Blue Label Saunders wide wale stretch hacking jacket


Go to ralphlauren.com to buy.
J. Crew stretch vintage cord peplum jacket
Roberto Cavalli corduroy pants, at net-a-porter.com
Mustard yellow J. Crew Favorite-fit stretch vintage bootcut cord.

Go to jcrew.com to buy.
J Brand 12" skinny cords. Visit pinkmascara.com
Nanette Lepore thin wale skirt, at saks.com – CC loves how it’s paired with lace!
CC’s favorite corduroy look for fall: this incredible open back Nuj Novakhett corduroy dress. Visit shoplanguage.com to buy!!
For those who are corduroy-noise averse, there are a number of "quietly" chic and fabulous accessories to choose from this season!

Runway Inspiration: Dolce & Gabbana, via style.com
Juicy Couture corduroy cloche, at Bloomingdales
Burberry corduroy cap. Go to neimanmarcus.com
Lauren by Ralph Lauren wide wale fedora - it comes in 3 colors and it's just $48 at bloomingdales.com!
Benetton magenta fine wale corduroy clutch with silver hardware – so chic!
Charlotte Ronson Aurelia suede and corduroy boot. Visit shopgoldyn.com
Part II. C is for Crest
Aaaah, Crested Beauty!

The crest is officially hot; it’s gone from symbol of family heritage to symbol of preppy pride!
Fellow Fashionista Style Addict has a lovely analysis of the gals that inspired the trend.


The enthusiasm for boarding school fashions is not limited to the small screen!
On the runways at Givenchy (above left) and Jill Stuart, the crest was front and (left of) center!
Stella McCartney offered a shield print jumpsuit!

Photo via style.com
This image from the August issue of Teen Vogue makes CC want fall to arrive right now!!
Picnics on the quad . . . football games . . . crunchy leaves - yay!
In the shops:
Brooks Brothers gold plated multi-stone crest pin. Visit brooksbrothers.com
Jennifer Fisher Jewelry gold chain with crest
Stubbs & Wootton embroidered velvet slipper; photo via elle.com (CC warned you about this, darlings - - for better or worse, Hugh Hefner's signature look has seeped into the mainstream!)
Fred Perry Intarsia knit pink top - a great layering piece; picture it with a belted cardi!
Reyes cardigan at Saks Fifth Avenue
Urban Renewal Preppie Cardigan. Go to urbanoutfitters.com
Best Buy of the day: Forever 21 nautical sweater





For the glamour-puss:
Leaves of Grass Amoreuse chiffon top, at net-a-porter.com
Preppy button-down:

Ralph Lauren Blue Label Taylor antique striped shirt with signature crest
MUST-HAVE FOR FALL:

A crested blazer – and the options are myriad!

At left:
L.A.M.B. gray piped schoolboy blazer, at eLuxury.com
Sonia by Sonia Rykiel crest embroidered blazer, at net-a-porter.com
LaRok rouched Dean jacket. Visit winknyc.com
Loves Peace Legacy Blazer, at urbanoutfitters.com
Smythe double breasted schoolboy blazer, at net-a-porter.com
CC adores this jacket, because you can add your own adornment, be it a flower at the lapel, a handmade felt crest, or a sophisticated brooch . . .
. . . like this Fenton oxidized silver academy pin!
Victoria's Secret Pink blazer with contrast piping


In honor of the Opening Ceremony of the Beijing Olympics tonight, CC leaves you with this Ralph Lauren Blue Label Olympic Games striped polo.
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post on Deconstructionism!
xoxox,
CC

46 comments:

Julia said...

I hate hate hate hate hate HATE corduroy, it's like the worst fabric ever. I'd rather wear polyester than corduroy. But I do enjoy crests, on other people. I think I'm over the label whoredom, okay the visible label whoredom, but some people look great in crests.

ivoreece said...

There are always so many fashion images on your blog, wow! :)
The "orange" hat with buttons is very sweet!

Little Bow Prep said...

The red jacket is fab.

Crests- I love them. I have a RL golf sweatshirt that has one. It's so comfy and cute!

I saw that issue of Teen Vogue. I loved that pic- esp. the vest and blazer combo. They go so well together. Plus, I love the red color!

The Brooks Brothers pin is awesome!

Tricia said...

i love the cord boots, kind of unusual!

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i typically have trouble wearing corduroy since it never fits snug, but you showed some great options that seem to alleviate that problem.

Annie Spandex said...

Very back-to-school, and the little cropped military style jacket is darling...

Shay said...

I'm kinda feeling the wide wale corduroy for fall and I love the fall colors you've pulled together here!

Fashionstyle said...

Thanks for a such lovely blog !!!

yiqin; said...

Lovely post! I need to dig out the corduroy pants I have thrifted long ago.

Sharon S said...

Hi there-I adore the Roberto Cavalli cordoroy jeans and the Forever 21 cardi is gorgeous too! Have a great weekend!

Sharon S said...

Hi-sorry, the Forever 21 Jumper, not cardi-so cool!!

Christina said...

I like corduroy and cant wait to get a pair for the fall, especially in a color like magenta ot teal. Great Post and picks! I think that the crests are a litle to preppy for me, but I love the look of them. - xoxoStyle Addict

Tu-Anh said...

such resourcefulness. your blog is so useful. linked ya. =)

Siljesfashion said...

Love corduroy, in small doses. I would like a cool pair of pants, a jacket or a bag. The preppy look is so gossip girl and fun!

Arielle said...

I love all the crest and the courdory. Especially the dress with the cut out in the back and blair's blazer

♔Jaimie said...

I love the Victoria's Secret blazer and the outfits in the gossip girl picture! Plus Carolina Herrera is soo classy.

Megan @ Pink O'Clock said...

love your blog! it's like fashion mecca. :)

♔Jaimie said...

OMG C,

I love them! You know I have that shoe addiction. I almost bought 3 pairs today but I restrained myself cause I'd look at them more than wear them haha lol

Thanks darling!

Sienna said...

I love those hats and blazers/cardi's!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sooo getting a tweed fedora this autumn! Love the post, great selection of items, can't beleive you featured Fred Perry! Oh, I have a challenge for you on my latest blog post! Hopefully you van use your expertise to solve a little mystery!

Vain and Vapid said...

I'm not the biggest fan of corduroy but that mustard pea coat is divine...

Thu said...

preppy looks are so cute, and i love gossip girl! corduroy pants are fine, but i'm not sure about corduroy tops.

Penny said...

I like the crests, and they would be really easy to add to something you already own!

Anonymous said...

hmm i actually dont have an corduroy it seems like a very hard material to work with but the pictures you picked make it look good

Hunters Glory said...

Really like the RL black jacket!
Very Stylish!

LuLu124 said...

woow this is indeed a post coco would be proud of!!! ;D hehe i'm not totally positive of corduroy, but it looks actually really lovely on the runway!!! :D and woow the crests look very stylish and comfy!!! :))) xoxo, lulu

Arielle said...

hey i've tagged you in my blog :]

Elizabeth said...

D&G did hit corduroy big this fall, and I like almost all of it. I haven't worn cord in years, because of where I live, but these looks make me want to.

Angela said...

love corduroy, so warm and yummy. and i guess i can try to find the RL crest jacket i got from eons ago. : ) have a savvy day!

Madurai citizen said...

Lovely post....
I love them....
Jai Sai Ram...
Please visit my blog..

Anonymous said...

oye. i'm not a fan of corduroy. although the colorful corduroy pants caught my eye. still... i really don't like that fabric.

crests! on the other hand. i love! i'm a private school girl and so i'm a big fan of those. <3

Anonymous said...

I love the corduroy jackets/blazers and hats. Oh I just realised I'm wearing corduroy shorts as I type this!

Also, I love all the crested items - so chic and preppy!

erin de la cruz said...

Actually I hate pants and jackets made out of corduroy fabric. Corduroy hats, I love! =)

erin de la cruz said...

Actually I hate pants and jackets made out of corduroy fabric. Corduroy hats, I love! =)

leeselooks said...

wow.

your blog is ALWAYS bursting with style + love. Thanks for showcasing so much greatness...

I love that SM jumpsuit!!!

L.

ryder said...

dolce and gabban always come up with somethin g sexy. first 3 pictures are my fav.
have to c dolce and gabbana store when i go to milan.

Aline said...

AMAZING post!! Incredible finds you show here!!

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

why didn't my school uniform look this good...oh wait, green and gold blazers with grey pants and a straw hat...that would be the reason!

Myriam said...

looveelyy blazers

Seeker said...

What a great post dear!!!
So helpful, like the others off course.
I'm not sure if I know well corduroy, but if it's what I think by the pictures I like it.
I've a brown blazer that I think it's going to make many "hours".

Thanks for all the information and lovely pictures.

xoxo

Da Fashionista said...

corduroy and i don't mix. have quite the visceral response to it. what IS that?

get dressed! said...

ooooh my inner prep loves this post. Corduroy is my favorite fall fabric!

Economy of Style said...

Gotta love these ABCs!!!

Pamcasso said...

Great posts, and not what I would have expected for 'C'. I haven't thought about corduroy for ages, but it does seem rather perfect with the emphasis on texture for fall. I also have to say, I've been on the lookout for a crested blazer, and for whatever reason it totally bums me out that Urban Outfitters has them now... oh well...

Marian said...

oh i used to have such a thing for cord trousers and blazers! still do.its amazing how the fabric is so widely used.think corduroy is one of those things you either love or hate.oh now im craving the charlotte ronson boots you posted. mmmh wonder if we can get it in an 11? ;o)
oh we so should swap links of where we can fabulous size elevens.
I remember wearing boy shoes as a teenager! lol so not cute huh.
x
Marian!

Ana Paula said...

This topic so interesting! Thanks for sharing, but how come I am not able to see the pictures? Thanksss

x x x