Monday, November 3, 2008

The Bangles

No, darlings, don’t walk like an Egyptian! The bangles to which CC refers are those über-popular bracelets that seem to be creeping up the arm of every catwalker and celeb the world over! And the rules are: there are no rules! Wear them oversize, mismatched, in multiples, whatever strikes your fancy!
The following is a runway synthesis with ideas about what to buy tossed in for good measure – enjoy!
At top right: Kate Moss languishing in a Turkish bath, via W. Admit it; the gold bangles totally make this look! At left: the 3-D trend at Marni. Runway pics via style.com.
Blue blazes: Monochrome madness at Gucci, right. Is that turquoise petrified wood? Stunning!
Alberta Ferretti's armload of plastic bangles compliments a similarly-hued tiered frock (at left).
At La Perla (right): bejeweled blue bangles with a billowy aqua ball gown
Get the look with a sparkling celestial Roberto Cavalli resin bangle from net-a-porter.com.
Hermés offers a whole new monochrome: match your bracelet to your clutch! CC is digging these fiery red accessories!
Or make bracelet and clutch one and the same, as done at Jil Sander (right) - CC loves this idea!
Any excuse to show Gisele, sporting copious Isaac Manevitz for Ben-Amun bracelets in W.
3.1 Phillip Lim
Marc by Marc Jacobs square bangles in bold shades
Burberry Prorsum’s oversize take on the trend
An Aquilano e Rimondi model is weighed down with an armful of chunky stunners.
Missoni mixes metal and enamel in scalloped silhouettes; CC really appreciates the clever chain attachment!
Iosselliani bangle set, pictured at right and available at Barneys New York.
Emilio Pucci multiples with silver accents
Day Birger Et Mikkelsen silver bangle set. Visit net-a-porter.com.
Pocket friendly: Forever 21’s assorted bangle set (shown at right) is just $5.80!
Maurizio Pecoraro's multicolor mix and mismatch totally works!
Loewe’s double-arm bangles add interest to a whitewashed palette.
Pink and perfect: Alondra floral bangle, at forever21.com.
Jaeger London
Matthew Williamson... sweet and feminine!
Ippolita bangles at Neiman Marcus
Louis Vuitton spiked bangle
Get LV’s dangerous runway look with this Fallon XL Machine Age spiked bangle, at barneys.com.
An outsize colorful cuff at Roberto Cavalli
Another Louis Vuitton accessory winner: a trio of colorful patterned bangles.
Channel the bold-hued trend with these Vita snakeskin bangles (a celeb fave!) at shopharmonylane.com.
Matthew Williamson patterned and matchy-matchy.
CC says: get the printed look with this Coach zebra bangle.
Last look: How adorable is this plaid bangle? And it’s on sale for $3.99 at forever21.com!
So, darlings, which are your faves? How do you wear your bangles?

47 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't wear bangles. They slide right off my small wrists. :(

WendyB said...

Did you deliberately post this on a Manic Monday?

Couture Carrie said...

Hey Lisa . . . I hear this from a lot of my petite readers; try a bangle with a clasp rather than a slip-on, as they have more sizing options. Alternatively, push the bangle up to your elbow, a la Olsen/Moss/etc. - so chic!

Wendy - So funny! It hadn't even occured to me that it was indeed a a Manic Monday. Clever girl!

Keep up the amazing comments, darlings!

xoxox,
CC

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

The Matthew Williamson one is so beautiful! And the Hermes, of course.
xo hope you had a FAB weekend CC!
S

Angela said...

i love bangles but my wrists are so small most of them fall right off.

Anthea said...

Beautiful bangles..love em. Forever 21 is definitely great for pretty good quality accessories! I must find some thick chunky bangles like these..have been stuck on metal bracelets..Great post!

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow those pics are pure art! so about our feature post...how about we aim to do it on friday...can you send an email to makeupbyren@yahoo.com...we'll do the 5 questions and a few pics and post on friday. sound like a plan?

Susanna-Cole King said...

I love bangles, I have a ton of them, though I should probably stop buying them because at this point I rarely get to wear them (my job doesn't allow jewelry such as). :( But they are beautiful! :)

xoxo,
S-C

Tricia said...

i love the hermes look, and Missoni, but bangles drive me crazy, usually take them off after an hour into work..

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE bangles! I wear one EVERYDAY... actually it NEVER comes off... Tiffany of course!
I also LOVE to add more when going out and about or just wanting to feel FANCY at home while painting!
FUN FUN FUN post!!!!
J'adore!
Fifi

Ines said...

gracias me alegro de que mi blog te guste!
me encantan los bangles...yo si los suelo llevar mucho...
las medias de encaje me estan creando una adiccion mala...muy mala jaja
un beso

La Belette Rouge said...

I have big hair so I feel like earing are lost on me. So, I compensate with bracelets and necklaces. You found some really lovely bangles.

Now, would you be so kind as to find an assortment of amazing charm bracelets. No, don't do it. My collection could go all the way up to my shoulders. I don't need anymore.;-)

lola said...

I love those Day Birger Et Mikkelsen silver bangles.
Have a nice week!

Myriam said...

Wish I had more bangles they look so fun!

hollyshambles.x said...

mm, i love thing bangles like at Iosselliani! i still have the first ever set of bangles i bought, haha :)

my favourite is the jaeger london one though - its just lovely :)

Siljesfashion said...

Love bangles!

Make Do Style said...

The forever 21 ones are great value but I do love the Gucci one!

Jasnaaa said...

I LOVE ur blogg!
Obama is gonna win, :D:D:D

xoxo

please sir said...

Oh wow - love the silver ones!!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Simply lovely!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I adore bangles. But they make so much noise when you stack them!

Hunters Glory said...

How appropriate....bangles post on a manic monday....very nicely done cc!

btw love the designer trash bag!

;)

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

I adore those silver bangles, all of them! xo

Anonymous said...

great post..even though i love it...i do not wear it much as it's always slipping cause my wrists are too little (i will about your advice!)

Seeker said...

I love bangles, but I'm always taking them of when I'm working, because they don't allow me to type or to be comfortable and sometimes I forget them at the office on my desk lol.
Thank you for all the work you had for show us those wonders.

xoxo

miss vintage love said...

In that first picture is she laying on a fountain? A chair? A very decorative toilet?
Whatever it is I love it!

Nemerae said...

I love bangles *.* specially big and in gold, black or blue!
xx

agnes said...

Bangles! i have quite a big collection of it already, even though i can only wear those smaller one. but i will keep trying them out :)

Nina said...

Oh BLUE BANGLES!!!!!! I'm such a geek but i can't help it! They take me right into the "Brick mood"

http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/3094/posters/poster6.jpg

(If you have not seem this movie, I've written a little about it on my last post....)

Bangles are not so easy for me because of my small wrists but I have a collection of indian silver stoned bangles that is to die for. I love to wear them with light weight maxi skirts for that hippieish look.

Have a great week! :D

Gerri Ward said...

Wow! Next to Shoes, Bangles rock!
I luv them all.

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

Wonderful pics (as always!) I love bangles, I wish I could have more than I have, never is enough

Anonymous said...

These bangles are so beautiful but alas, my puny little wrists can't handle them :( I just have to admire them on other wrists.

JW said...

Hey, nice collection of bangles. Unfortunately, guys normally don't have that many choices. :(

JW

Songy said...

Need to google Manic Monday.. what is that? :)

Love bangles.. I bought too many this season ( as shown in the latest dressing songy)

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Jil Sander bracelet/clutch in ONE is my fav! CC... I have a strong feeling you won't b leaving this country dear... we'' find out tmwr won't we... ;)

Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

Ha, loved the start! I don't walk like an egyptian. I love bangles they are so glam

C.

Elle symptomatique said...

bangles are so hot! i got plenty of flashy onesmaking my days brighter, lol!

revel in me said...

Sigh, I feel like owning everything!

Guapóloga said...

Those blue ones are very elegant and the red ones, I agree, are fiercely and bold! If you get some, take a picture and post it!

Best wishes!


Tom

Vintage Lollipops said...

Oh my god, these images are gorgeous!! And I must be in bangle heaven... so, I decided it's imopossible to narrow a favorite!! But the insanely beautiful color of the Roberto Cavalli resin bangle is chanting my name!

Pau(Rox) said...

Las pulseras esmaltadas de Hermès, combinadas con finas de cuero son mis preferidas.
XXX

Crave said...

Fab post!!! I'm all for stacking and piling on the bangles!!

Aliena said...

I do like bangles, and have a few of them... but always forget about them!!!

Marian said...

AHHH THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. i LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE bangles Carrie!! so i crown this my fave post of all from your blog!
I layer them on randomly depending on my mood. My bangles and wrist wear as i like to call them tell a story and are very personable to me. Can you believe i remember where I bought or how I got each? There were times when i'd wear the same ones ie an eclectic mix day after day for years. That Coach one is yummy. I have been eyeing up the YSL gold coin cuff for some time now!!
kisses dear Carrie,
Marian

Always In Style said...

Bangles, and bracelets of any kind really, are my weakness - nice finds!

kokostiletto said...

i love heavy bangles!!

♥ Marta ♥ said...

I love chunky bangles ... :)